Thursday, August 31, 2006

my ecological footprint

Everyone needs to go to this website and take the quiz to determine your ecological footprint. And if it doesn't seriously start you thinking, there's something wrong with you.

I've decided that if I'm going to be an environmental studies major, I need to start considering the way my habits effect the environment if I'm going to avoid being a major hypocrite. So this year, I'm getting involved. I'm joining Environmental & Wildlife Club, I'm volunteering to help empty the recycling bins in my dorm (and making the effort to walk down the hall to actually put things into them more often), and I'm going to try to start doing some of the little things suggested on the above website, like eating less meat (meat production is apparently really wasteful and really bad for the environment) and even just turning off my computer when I'm not using it. It's so funny, I've had exactly two class periods of Environmental Alteration and read the first two and a half chapters of the book, and it's already got me thinking and changing some of my habits. Pretty amazing.

8 Comments:

At 31 August, 2006 16:58, Blogger zilla said...

Pardon my French, but shyte! If everyone lived like me, we would need 4.4 planets. And I didn't think I was that bad.

I really didn't!

I'm makin' some changes!

NOW!

 
At 01 September, 2006 13:21, Blogger Nathan said...

You've probably already come across this but the only thing worse for the environment than meat is driving. I can't wait to read more from you!

 
At 29 December, 2006 01:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been interested in this theme for a long time and it was insulting for me that during development of technologies, I still search for the information offline. With the advent of your site I have plunged with all my soul into Internet.
- laughtrack29.blogspot.com u
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 06 February, 2007 13:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can help me with .httpaccess ?
where i can fined full information about .httpaccess file syntaxis?

 
At 09 February, 2007 07:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

 
At 09 February, 2007 07:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

camera digital olympus sp


digital underwater camera



camera digital underwater


kodak digital camera software

 
At 22 February, 2007 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

 
At 08 February, 2010 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

barat increasing messrs trombay reputed wakefield prek jogendar enthusiastic apis adobe
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home