Saturday, September 16, 2006

murphy's law

If it's just after midnight on Friday night, and you're returning from a friend's room in the basement of your dorm to your own room on the third floor, and you're in your pajamas and your hair is messy and you're carrying an armload of statistics textbooks, and you want nothing more than to go to bed... you're bound to step out of the elevator to find yourself face-to-face with a cute guy you know. And not even a cute guy you know well enough to consider a friend so you don't really care that much if he sees you in your pajamas with messy hair, but a cute guy you only know slightly. From band.

Cute Guy: Hi.

Me: Hi... you're an interesting person to run into in my pajamas.

Yes, I actually said that out loud.

(And yes, I spent Friday night watching television, doing statistics homework, and going to bed by twelve-thirty.)

3 Comments:

At 16 September, 2006 18:24, Blogger zilla said...

Oooh, ouch. I did that once, kind of. Actually, I was wearing grungy sweats and got caught by the Cute Boy in the laundry room, where I was slumped over my electric typewriter which was plugged into the wall outlet. I was hunting and pecking with all of my art history books and papers spread out helter-skelter on the floor, and I hadn't shampooed in like two days, and there were bite-sized Snickers bar wrappers and empty cans of Diet Coke (to caffeinate while not adding to the damage of the Snickers bars) everywhere, and I think I said something like, "Hi. I'm Jen. I'll do your whites if you'll type my term paper as I dictate it to you." And he said, "Um. I think I'm on the wrong floor."

God I miss college, but I do not miss co-ed dorms. Real women need a place where they are free to be real for three days straight if that's what it takes to get the job done.

I think you should ask him out.

 
At 17 September, 2006 03:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, you don't really know this guy and except that he is cute and he is in band. not a big deal if you acted like an idiot in front of him. i don't think guys really care about that stuff. you definitely didn't blow your chances with him yet. get to know him a little better, then ask him out. make sure he's single too, since that's an even bigger ouch than acting like an idiot. and don't let guys interfere with academics...i learned grades are more important than anything else while being at college back in the days.
hell, i've been single all my life and i learned not to let it get to me. besides, how are we really supposed to know when we've met "the guy". when we find one that is "cute" and "rich"? nope, that's where we go wrong. i know i will find somebody in the most unexpected of places...when it's the right time. it seems all most of us want is a guy that is "cute" ... and all guys want are "hot" women. it is when they come to realization that personality and a future is more important than cuteness/hotness, is when they find the one are truly supposed to "be" with

 
At 20 September, 2006 15:30, Blogger Rebecca said...

Don't sweat it. Just be yourself. If he winds up being into you that's awesome... if not, it's his loss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home