Sunday, September 10, 2006

so apparently i've been tagged...

...by Zilla. You know, for a meme. So here goes.

1) A book that changed my life: Eats, Shoots & Leaves, because it wasn't until after I read that book that incorrect punctuation really started driving me nuts.

2) A book that I've read more than once: The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King, because there's so much awesomeness in that book that I never get tired of it. So what if my mom pointed out a big plot hole after she read it.

3) A book I'd take to a deserted island: Life of Pi. It's one of my favorite books, and it's (sort of) about a castaway in the Pacific, so it would fit well with a deserted island.

4) A book that made me laugh: Several (including a number of other books mentioned elsewhere in this post), but Catch-22 especially comes to mind, an odd book in that parts of it make me laugh out loud and parts of it (like when McWatt and Nately die) make me rather teary-eyed. Zilla, you should be ashamed of yourself that you've never finished this one.

5) A book that made me cry: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I rarely ever cry at books, but the ending of this one had me bawling.

6) A book I wish I had written: Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis. Sinclair Lewis was such an amazing writer. I wish I could write like that.

7) A book that should never have been written: The Da Vinci Code, I suppose. I've never actually read it, but I have read Angels and Demons, and it was so ridiculous and so poorly written that it definitely didn't rate a sequel.

8) A book I'm currently reading: State of the World 2006, required reading for my Environmental Alteration class.

9) A book I'm planning to read: The next one in the Lord Peter Wimsey series by Dorothy Sayers. It's Unnatural Death. I looked it up just now because I realized I didn't actually know the title of the next one in the series.

10) Who I'm tagging next: Oh, hm... Patrice and Jen, though I don't seriously expect them to do it.

2 Comments:

At 10 September, 2006 19:46, Blogger Jen said...

I'll try. I haven'y been reading much lately besides blogs and non-fiction books, like books on the Mac OS X.

 
At 11 September, 2006 13:26, Blogger zilla said...

Okay, I WILL have another go at Catch-22. It would please my dad, anyway, since he's the person who recommended it in the first place.

Good meme, woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home